Sunday, July 23, 2017

Betrayed


Betrayed!

Psalm 41: 9 

Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me. 


This moring I want to talk about betrayal. There are so many today that are suffering because they have been betrayed by people who have been close to us, rather it was a best friend, family member or someone else but how many of us can thank God that betralyal in in the Bible. The two that come to mind who were betrayed by someone close was David, and also Jesus. David was betrayed by King Saul, you know, the one that was jealous because of his popularity, and anointing. 

We know all about Jesus and His betrayal. Judas, the money man, the collector was the one who betrayed Jesus for some money and it was sealed with the kiss on the cheek, the kiss of death. 

So, how do we handle being betrayed? What do you do? 

There are several things you do, and even some things you don't do, which honestly the things not to do is just as important as the things to do. 

Things you don't do: 

1) You do not confront the person right away unless you can control your emotions

How many have blown this one? I have no doubt. Problem with confronting people when our emotions are not in control is that we say things we don't mean and not ony that but we are totally in the flesh, and last I checked that has never been a good thing with a good result. When you confront someone without your emotions being in check you end up making things much worse.

2) Don't seek revenge 

I have also been there, done that. If you seek revenge your simply going by emotions yet again. You are hurt, you are angry, you want that person to feel the same pain you felt. So many times we take matters into our own hands which again is a flesh thing and we will make things worse. You may think, since they cheated on me, I will cheat on them just to show them how it feels, or this person said something they should have kept quiet, so I will speak about their dirty laundry! This is not what you should do, the Bible says that revenge belongs to God. 

Things to do: 

1) Pray 

You are emotional: your angry, your hurt, your wounded so thing is, why not pray first? TheBible says to cast your care upon the Lord, because He cares for us. I love to fish, one of my favorite things to do... if I want to catch a fish I got to cast out some bait, I got to launch that bait out to catch a fish, same concept...you have got to cast your hurt, your pain to the Lord. I can hear some of you, oh you are so spiritual, and it's not that but we got to come to the Lord with this because of our flesh and our emotions. 

When we are wounded, especially if it's someone close to us that we love, it gives an open door to the enemy to get a foothold on you. The last thing you want is an open door for your enemy to come in and steal, kill and destroy. 

2) Read your word on hurt, pain, betrayal 

This is deep right? No this is practical but so many people do not think about being practical when it comes to being betrayed. Usually what happens is our carnal flesh wants a chance to act out. What did Jesus do? Nothing honesly because He knew Judas would betray him. He knew Judas was taking money, but He kept him as the treasurer... there is something called sowing and reaping and it's a spiritual law. Some people say karma, I don't do karma but I do get sowing and reaping. What you sow, you will also reap someday. You sow kindness, you will reap kindness. You sow carnality, you will reap carnality. 

3) Forgive them 

WHOA!!!!!! Wait a second are you serious? Do you know what they did to me? Do you have any idea ow badly they wounded me? You are clueless to know the amount of pain I have because this person did this, or did that... Yes... forgive. I have been betrayed before, and it stinks to no end. Took me quite a while to forgive this person and honestly, should have done it much sooner. We have to forgive if we are ever going to get ahead. 

Holding onto hurt, and pain, anger will do nothing for you. Let it go by forgiving them. I am not saying it's easy, but it is worth it! By choosing not to forgive them is only going to keep you bound. By staying in unforgiveness you will stunt your growth as a believer. You will never grow if you don't forgive. Not only will you not grow, but you will hurt others yes it's true. Hurt people hurt others. 

Today it is my hope that you can move forward from the past because God has a great future for you! Don't allow being betrayed to ruin your whole life. Does it hurt? do you feel angry? grieved? Yes prolly all the above but f you start operating in the spirit like Jesus did, you will see the benefits. 

Be blessed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment