Friday, July 21, 2017

Drug Abuse and Witchcraft



Galatians 5: 19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like....

Witchcraft 

This morning I want to deal with witchcraft because this is what the Lord put on my heart the last few days.

I want to take something from my devotional because it is so powerful. My daily devotional is called "Sparkling Gems from the Greek" by Rick Renner. When someone passed this to me I was so thrilled because this is deep! Anyways so Rick Renner is talking about witchcraft... and in this devotional he says "the word witchcraft is from the Greek word pharmakeia, the Greek word for medicines or drugs that inhabit a person's personality or behavior. We would call these mind altering drugs. The Greek word pharmakeia is where we get the words pharmaceutical drugs or the word pharmacy. This word was used in connection with sorcery, magic or witchcraft."

Now, the word witchcraft can go deeper into also meaning a few other things like control etc.. but I want to stick right here with the word pharmakeia. I know I am going to lose a lot of people and people might get mad at me for a few things I might write here but I am not here to win a popularity contest, I am here to contend with a spiritual force on the earth that is killing millions.

I can relate with all this because I was married to someone with an addiction problem. I have seen what addiction does to not only a person, but the families of someone with an addiction problem. There is such a wide spread problem with addiction and the root of this problem is the spirit of witchcraft.

The spirit of witchcraft hungers and thirsts for control, and if you think about addicion, the root of that addiction is the spirit of witchcraft. Today witchcraft is spread by some Doctors... rather they know or not. This can break off into many branches here about this, but I want to stay focused on the problem. I want to add a side note, I am not bashing all Doctors , and I am not saying that taking all medicine is witchcraft, but what I am saying is that there is a huge problem here on a global scale, and if we don't battle this behemoth, it will get worse. We Christians have to stand up and fight like we have never fought before.

We need to stand up to this stronghold, but with Christ all things are possible. The Bible says we are to pull down strong holds so this thing can be defeated.

So my Pastors wife spoke something the other day about opiates and how so many are just hooked and addicted. Many hate it, but can't let loose of the yoke that is around their neck. Opiates come from the poppy plant, and is used in many drugs today, both legal and illegal.

Opiates are highly addictive and millions today are suffering. I worked at a pharmacy for over 4 years and have seen the effects that drugs that are opiates have on people. I have seen people showing up to the pharmacy a week or two early just to try and get their prescription filled early... I have heard all the excuses but you know there is a substance abuse problem. The government has stepped in and has helped some by holding Doctors accountable, watching prescriptions, how they are written and called in, how they are dispenced etc... but it hasn't stopped the problem.

The government was never called to stop spiritual problems. I believe only God can, but this isn't on God's shoulders alone, it's also on ours because we are the church. God placed the church here to be His hands, His feet and His voice here on the earth. We are the whistle blowers and we are the ones that are called to stand, to pray, to work here on earth. Drugs don't cure, or fix anything.... they can only assist. A pill cannot cure a problem.... I don't care what someone says... if a drug could cure a problem the drug companies would go out of business.

They don't make money by curing people, they make money by getting you to come back to your pharmacy every month. They will make you a slave. The drug company needs the Doctor to write more scripts..

It's sad that many Christians have put more faith in their Doctors and prescriptions than they have God. This leads me back to the root word of witchcraft.... pharmakeia. 

Guys, it's time to hunker down and pray more... seek more...get free of things that bind us. There is so much more I wanted to say but it's for another day.

It is my hope and my prayer that we seek God and get free!!!

be blessed





No comments:

Post a Comment