Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Heart of a Warrior


Psalm 144:1

Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. 


What do you think of when you hear the word warrior? Maybe our minds can go back to movies we have watched. Maybe the movie Braveheart, 300, or Conan the Barbarian. Maybe it's not a movie at all, maybe it's historical figures like Genghis Khan or Joan of Ark. No matter who it is when you see or hear the word warrior, you get an image in your head of someone. 

So my question is this morning, what about you? When you see the word warrior do you see yourself? You may laugh at the thought that you are a warrior, but the fact is we have all gone through battles in life, perhaps some of us have been through more battles than others, but we have our scars to prove the battles in life; rather physical, mental, or emotional.

My post this morning is the heart of a warrior because I want you to see yourself as a warrior. David was the author of this psalm and no doubt he was a warrior. When he was a teenager he was a shepherd boy, but it was that shepherd boy who slayed a giant. Isn't it funny that the children of Israel could not defeat Goliath, but it took a shepherd boy who had a shepherd mentality to defeat the giant? A shepherd mentality Troy? Yes David rose up and got into protector mode and seen Goliath as someone who was trying to hurt the flock and defy God so he had to go. 

Christian.. believer, you are in a war rather you want to fight or not. Some of you don't want to fight but thing is you better fight. We cannot be cowards we must tighten up our boot straps, roll back our sleeves and jump into the fight. You may be saying, I am tired, I am scared, I don't want to do this, than the fact is, saved is what you don't want because sometimes it's a fight every day. 

Are you serious? everyday? Yes at times it seems that way. For some of you, it's a fight to pray, a fight to read your Bible, a fight to go to church, a fight to live right, I am telling you it's a fight. You have to get it in your head right now that I didn't give my life to Christ so I could avoid war, avoid fighting, no honey the war began when you said Jesus, I give you my life.  When you say, thy will be done in me, the war begins. Ding, ding, the bell rings and now it's time to fight. 

Why?Because the devil hates you, he hates everything your about. He hates Christ, he hates God, he hates Christians because we have been made in the image of God. You may say well Troy I don't want the devil to hate me, I say I am glad he hates me because I hate him. I hate him, his kingdom, all he stands for and I am called to bring his kingdom down. 

When I became a Christian I enlisted in the army of God, it's no different than someone signing up for the armed forces. When you sign your name on that dotted line you choose that day to fight for that country. When we said yes to Christ, we said yes to His will, yes to His way, yes to his kingdom. When you gave your heart to Christ you instantly made an enemy. 

Today I want to encourage you to be a fighter. So many Christians are sitting on the side lines of this war instead of joining in the fight. So many are whining because of the warfare. I get tired, I get frustrated just like you. There are times when I feel broke down, but I can't and won't quit. God has called us and equipped us to fight!! So do it!!!! Fight, and don't give up no matter what. Direct your frustration at your enemy! Refuse to be denied. 

God has trained us for war, and our fingers for battle. Join the fight and I say, get off the side lines because you are no help on the side lines. 

I pray this has stirred you up today, I know I am! I want the devil defeated. I want victory and this means we don't lay down, don't quit, and don't stop.

be blessed 



No comments:

Post a Comment