Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Where are you going?

Proverbs 29:18 
Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint (ESV) 

Have you ever been on a road to nowhere or have you ever been lost but refuse to stop and ask for directions? Usually this is a man thing, but it can happen to women as well. What about being lost on purpose? 

I think for many of us we have been there and done that, but this morning I want to zero in on vision. The Bible declares here that where there is no prophetic vision, the people cast off restraint. This scripture itself deals more with what leaders must do. If you are a leader, rather it's a Pastor of a church, a business owner or manager you can't lead without vision. If you don't have vision your just driving around and going through the motions without having a destination. 

I want to go deeper today, I want to talk about you for a moment, and just you. Where are you going? Do you have vision? Or even better, do you have prophetic vision? What is prophetic vision you say? Prophetic vision is something that God gives you. It's a look at your destiny. It's gives you the reason for you being born. It's vision, but God breathed vision. My goodness this is powerful! 

OK so, shortly I was born again I wanted to know why I was created. I prayed and asked God to reveal why I was born. So one day God gave me this vision. Now, real quick it's not like I have these all the time and I am not weird but this is Biblical. So, God gave me this vision. I was standing on this huge stage and I was preaching the Word of God. I looked out and there was a sea of humanity. As far as I looked I saw people. When I looked to the left and right I saw people. Now, can I be real? Once God showed this to me I freaked out! I was like you have got to be crazy. You have me confused with someone else. I can't even speak in front of 20 people much less that many. 

What was God doing besides freaking me out? He was giving me prophetic vision. After all, I asked Him right? Well, He showed me. So what happened after that? I calmed down, prayed, got my nose in the Bible and pressed hard like never before. What happened? Less than a year later I went to Bible college in Tulsa, Oklahoma. 

If you are a Christian and you feel like your just wandering around, you need to ask God the hard questions. Listen, the children of Israel wandered around in the desert for 40 years, when it would have taken 11 days. Now, the children of Israel wandered around in the desert for 40 years because they wouldn't listen to God and because they didn't listen to the prophetic vision. One reason you may be wandering around is because your not listening to what God gave you. This isn't for every case but for many. You may be stubborn, prideful, hard hearted and hard headed. Thing is, that's your choice but you will never walk in God's destiny and purpose and that will leave you with no peace. 

Now, what do you do when God shows you the vision? You go towards it. Now understand that there is something called timing that you will have to contend with. There is a timing for everything. You may go towards the vision but you may not see the fullness of that thing until a later time. Don't get discouraged, we all go through this. Last thing I will say is that as your going towards the vision watch out for people. First you have to know the heart of people because not everyone is there to roll with you and the vision God gave you. Some people are there and are used by the enemy to make you stumble and stop you. Also, they may be putting their interests before yours. 

Some people want to see the best in you but still may not see what you see. These people are the ones that love you. They are looking out for you. Give them an ear, but just make sure you are also hearing God. The Lord will may call you to do things when it seems crazy, and folks, He will put you out there but He has your back. What if your married? Well you and your spouse must be on the same page. If your not on the same page you wait and pray until God will get them there. You can't fulfill the vision without your spouse. They are called to be there and help you. That's why it's so important to find someone who will have some of the same desires, same direction your going. 

So to more or less end this today I want to encourage you to pray that God will show you your Prophetic vision. Don't just wander around because you will do nothing but waste time. God may or may not show you right away, but keep serving, keep going until He shows you. Once He shows you ask for a plan to get there. God is looking out for you. He wants you to succeed, not fail. Pray for the ears to ear and that you will not go to the left or right of the plan. Lastly, don't quit no matter what. God will show you things and give you the vision that others don't see but it's OK, just go. Just do it!                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment