Sunday, March 27, 2016

He Gone!

John 11:25&26 
I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live. And everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?

Today is Easter Sunday, the day we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. For many people today they do Easter egg hunts for kids, grill out, depending on the weather, and for many in America, this is one of the two days they come to church. Many who do this have no real relationship with Christ. Now, to be honest, a relationship with Christ isn't just coming to church on Sunday but having a transformed life and being a disciple. A relationship with Christ isn't all about going to church but going to church should be important to us as believers.

In John 11:25 Jesus is talking here and we find ourselves in the middle of the story where Lazarus, Jesus' friend is dead and Jesus shows up to the grave site four days to late. There was no welcoming committee but instead, there were some angry and disappointed folk who thought all was lost with Lazarus but we can't ever count out our Jesus.

To make a long story short because I want to talk about Jesus, is He calls Lazarus from the grave, and Lazarus is resurrected. How awesome was that of a miracle? Can you imagine that? A dead man comes back to life again.... for all the doubters and haters who was angry and disappointed at Jesus for showing up late, must have been singing a quite different toon when Lazarus came from the grave. Notice Jesus never got in a hurry for that miracle...

So this scripture in context was talking about Jesus assuring the people that He was the source of life. Jesus is 100% man and 100% God. Death has no power over Christ. Death couldn't hold Jesus because He is the resurrection and the life! I want to let someone know who is reading this today, Jesus is life! You know I look into my own life and I can happily say that if I lost my life, than heaven is my home. I have no fear of death. If someone held a gun to my head and threatened my life, do you think that scares me? Do you think losing my life is something that I should fear? Absolutely not and it shouldn't to every believer in Christ.

I get you may have a spouse, children and other family, friends etc.. and it's not as if we live life carelessly so we can die but the Apostle Paul said it best when He said to die is gain. I don't mean to get my eye off of Christ and this scripture but so many people who are born again Christians fear death. If I die tomorrow I know my family will miss me but I will be with the Lord! I will be with my God! You want to scare me tell me I will roam this earth another 100 years... just saying!

Back to Jesus and Easter. This day we celebrate Jesus' resurrection. The grave couldn't hold Him. Death lost the battle because Jesus is the author of life! The cross was the place of death. The cross meant death to sin. Jesus paid the ultimate price when He died on the cross, but on the third day He was resurrected. If I can just encourage someone else today to say that you don't have to die with your sin but you can lay that sin down and embrace Christ and embrace life!

Jesus came to give us life! He paid the price of death that we might gain life with Him! Wow baby that is hot off the press so I will repeat. He paid the price of death that we might gain life with Him! Praise the Lord! What is stopping you today? What must you do to gain life with Christ? Surrender. Surrender your will, your ways and ask forgiveness for all your sins. Ask for life with Christ and when you do, the Holy Spirit will come and live on the inside of you and your life will never be the same again! Your life will change because you will have a life with Christ!

You all have a great day today! Remember to embrace life and life is Christ!

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment