Sunday, August 27, 2017

Unity Within the Church: Black Church/White Church Who Cares we are the CHURCH


Unity Within the Church

The last few days have been a little rough for me. One night Bishop Brian Keith Williams, a man of God that highly respect hosted a facebook live, and he spoke about several things.

He called it transparency and tagged ministers and others such as Paula White, Lance Wallnau, Jamal Bryant, Roland Martin, Bishop TD Jakes, Franklin Graham and a few more. Again I want to point out that Brian Keith Williams is a man of God. He flows in the prophetic and he knows God. This man has been serving God for a long time and has been used of God greatly. The ministers he tagged he even to some extent defended them before going into his speech... which it really wasn't a speech but sounded like he was preaching.

Long story short he was talking about our President, and these ministers who have been defending him and standing with him. I can tell he is was trying to somewhat stay in the middle but it was obvious that he doesn't care for Trump, which is fine, because its his right not to care for someone. In fairness he did say something about Obama, and how he sympathized with the Muslims and also said he didn't know if Obama was a Christian or not.

Anyways, he got swarmed with support from other ministers and people as he was speaking the other night and I just sat back and watched. Now some racial things came up while he was talking about the President and I cannot quote him; but he just made a few remarks about something the President said. I am not saying Bishop Williams is racist at all, please don't think I mean that because I do not believe that one bit. (Felt like I needed to add that disclaimer)

Quick opinion then the heart of why I am writing about this. I don't believe our President is a racist bigot, he has fought and stood with people of all colors for years. Bishop Williams also mentioned that some said Trump is a Christian. Would I say that our President has a revelation of who Jesus is and salvation? I can't say that for sure because I don't know him. People want to talk about the Trump from years ago and some comments he made about women and so forth. Look, I before I gave my heart to Christ was not a good person. I did a lot of things I wouldn't want anyone to know about.

Last thing on this: The mainstream media doesn't like Trump at all. They don't like him because he is bold enough to tell them things to their face that they don't want to hear. He has stood up to the mainstream media and they have attacked him in every way they can.

My main point here. I am not on the Republican side and I am not on the Democratic side. I am on the side with Christ. I have always voted Republican because of abortion, gay marriage, and policy. Do I find fault with this party? oh yes! I hate the corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle. But let's be clear, I am for Christ, not a party.

Last night we were in prayer and I prayed over this situation because of the man of God that I respect. God gave me a scripture, or a story if you will. He gave me Joshua 6, which is very familiar to all, because this is the story of the Jericho walls falling down. In this story God had the children of Israel march around the walls of Jericho for 7 days.... and on the 7th day they ha to march 7 times. Is this ridiculous or was there a method to God's madness? First of all God was trying to get the children of Israel to gain faith... they had to see that wall come down.

Let's be real how many walls have you yelled at and they came down? Never has happened to me but Go had a plan. They marched together... unified... as one... for 7 days and when the time came they yelled and the walls fell! This wasn't 2x4 framed walls with 1/2 drywall, this was concrete walls in which they ran chariot races on top of the walls so these walls were thick.

My point is this! We will never get anywhere in America if the church doesn't come together as one. The devil has tried to keep us apart for as long as I know but there was a time when the church came together and that was when Azusa happened. Yes African Americans, white ,Hispanic all races and ethnicities came together because the Pentecostal movement came into America. William Seymore and Charles Parham got this thing to come together. You see, it wasn't a black thing or a white thing it was a God thing! This is where we are at again folks..... we, the church must make it a God thing! Yes racism goes on but this is a stronghold of the enemy!We got to see past it! We got to look at it for what it is, a tool of the enemy for hate! Will the KKK always exist? Yes probably... Will the black lives matter group always exist? Yea but the church can stomp the power behind those voices because those voices breed hatred.

We, the church must take a stand against this hatred stronghold. The black church, the white church, the hispanic church, whatever color doesn't matter we must come together as THE CHURCH!!!! Look this has to grieve the Lord! All this hatred, all this bitterness.. this ain't God!

So church, we must pray like never before and not only that, go out of your way to break barriers. Come with the love of God to our brothers and sisters, no matter what color their skin is.

Blessings!        

( something I want noted here because this is open to the public. I dont know if Bishop Williams will ever read this or not, or if it will ever get to him but I want to make this clear. I am not against him, but I just dont agree with all that he said. Now, some things he said I do very much agree with. I respect not only him, but the office for which God called him)                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment