Sunday, August 6, 2017

Habitation over Visitation


Psalm 26: 8 
O Lord, I love the habitation of your house and the place where your glory dwells

I don't know about you, but there is nothing quite like the presence of the Lord. There is nothing like the anointing and glory of God. This morning my subject is, habitation over visitation.

There are some churches out there today that say we seek God. We pray good prayers like Lord we need you, Lord we want you but is it true? Some will say well yes that's what I mean because He is God! Why wouldn't I want Him? I will tell you why you really don't want Him. You don't want Him because if you do, He will wreck you in ways you never dreamed of.

If you really want God this means you want His ways, His will, His everything. This also means that you have to toss your will to the side. Galatians 2:20 says, I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live ,but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

This is one of my favorite scriptures because when you embrace Christ, His presence, His glory, this means your will and your flesh have to take a back seat to His will. This isn't easy to do. I have read many books by Smith Wigglesworth, John G Lake, Kenneth Hagin Sr, as well as countless others, and do you know what is the key for the most powerful men and women of God? They had to lay down their will in order to get the habitation God.

Would you like to know what is a major factor between visitation and habitation is simply the will and laying it all down. All does not mean some, it means everything. I don't know about you but nothing good ever came out of me doing it, my way. There is a reason God wants things done His way but God cannot trump our will. Isn't that crazy that God, the Creator of all things can't trump our will? This is why the will is so powerful and instrumental in determining rather you want a habitation or a visitation of God. This isn't the only factor but it's a major factor.

I see God doing a lot of things in the church. I see God raising up voices who will not cower down to the enemy. I see voices being raised up that will not cater to the crowd but will speak what God says. Some preachers today live in a state of fear when it comes to saying things that will offend people. Here is my thoughts on this if you say things out of genuine love and not out of hate you will be fine, regardless if the person likes or receives it, but we cannot live in fear for what God gives us to speak.

I see God raising up people who truly seek Him and when we see it in the pulpit, we will see it in the congregation. Pastors have a vital role in the 5 fold ministry. I am not saying they are ore important because they aren't, but Pastors are the ones who shepherd, counsel, meet with more consistent. Habitation starts with the Pastor because he is the one implementing the vision and that vision must include God's presence and seeking after God.

God is doing so much in this hour, seek habitation, not visitation. If you seek Him, you will find Him. It is my prayer that you seek Him and also pray that He guides you, helps you, and reveals to yo your kingdom assignment.

Be blessed!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment