Friday, May 20, 2016

Shout til the Walls Come Down


So the Lord has me reading the book of Joshua. I can't help but to love when the children of Israel came to Jericho and shouted the walls down. I can't even imagine what a sight that must have been. But before I talk about that I want to bring you back to the 1st chapter of Joshua.

Joshua 1: 2&3 
Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, into the land that I am GIVING to them, to the people of Israel. EVERY place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have GIVEN to you, just as I promised to Moses 

Joshua 1:5&6 
No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit (to receive property etc.. as an heir) the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. 

Moses is one of my favorites in the Bible. Moses pressed in and changed the mind of God. Yes, true story. Anyways one thing that stinks about Moses is that he got to look and see the promised land, but never walk in it. How sad would that be to see the person you were called to be but never walk in it? How sad would it be to see what you were called to do but never fulfill it? This is why God is raising up Joshua's. Moses was a great man of God and a great leader but he couldn't walk into the promised land, Joshua did. It's time to start inheriting the land. It's time to start taking over. It's time to be the woman/man that God has called you to be. It's not to late! God hasn't left you. God hasn't forsaken you. It's time to fulfill that destiny. Swallow that pride and stop the pity party. It was ok at first, but now it's ridiculous. You know the devil is the only one showing up to your pity party. He will always come as long as your always the victim. He will come as long as your not doing anything for the kingdom. Do you want to be a Moses who just looks at what you could have done, Or do you want to be a Joshua who walks in it?

When I get to heaven the last thing I want to hear from the Lord is, Troy, you served me but came up short when it came to fulfilling your destiny. Nope, the words I want to hear from the Lord is, you have done well my good and faithful servant.

Don't allow the walls to stop you because when it comes to the Lord walls are meant to come down. The people of Jericho were afraid of the children of Israel because of what happened in Egypt. If you can wrap your mind around at the magnitude of what happened in Egypt you would see why the people in Jericho were scared. Their walls were big and they were thick, but that means nothing when you factor the power of God. The walls were so thick they used to have chariot races on them, but do you think that scared God? Was it to difficult for the Lord? Nope. You better ask somebody!

So why did the children of Israel have to march around the walls for 7 days? There are really 2 reasons that I can think of.

1) Raise the faith of the Israelites.

When they marched around them walls they saw big, thick walls.... but they had to see it. They knew God was with them, and witnessed what the Lord did in Egypt but still... their faith still needed to be elevated.

Have you ever seen something that you wanted like a house, car or whatever and kept lookin at it. I have seen my Dodge chalenger about 1,000 times I think. I have this car posted on my Pinterest account everywhere and every time I drive by a Dodge dealership I am looking for a Challenger. I like the Dodge Challenger Hell Cat... just saying!

Someday I will have it! Until then i keep looking at it. God told the children of Israel that them walls were coming down, they kept circling and looking at them walls. Their faith had to be elevated.

2) Simple obedience

When we obey God good things happen. Maybe it doesn't happen at first, but trust me when I say that as we obey God, we will see His hand on our behalf. Because they chose to obey God, them walls came down with the shout!

Notice something about this.... let's say you have millions of people, even with a shout in the natural walls wouldn't come down, especially walls that thick. Think about it! Who cares how many people you have that's crazy. Did God need them to shout in order for those walls to come down? No way, God could have done that all by himself, but He required action from His people.

So, what are you facing today? Let's bring this home to you. What's going on in your world and what walls do you need to come down today? Today is your day. I want you to believe in faith that you will achieve what God gave you to do on this earth. I don't care how big it is. Think about if Michael Jordan end up being a manager at McDonald's. What if Steve Jobs end up as an associate at JC Penny? These men had to put in work, just like us. What has God called you to be? You got to be a person of faith no matter what your called to do. It will take faith to get there.

And lastly, you have to walk in obedience. Does this mean you will be perfect? Not saying all that but it will take obedience to what God said. You will get there. keep pushing, keep pressing. Don't give up! Shout to them walls come down. It's tme to get rid everything that is between you and the promise.  Time for them walls to come down. Your walls are different than mine, but no matter what your walls look like, it's time they come down. Get to shouting. Watch the Lord work.

be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment