Friday, April 1, 2016

Show me your glory

Exodus 33: 17&18 
And the Lord said to Moses, "This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name." Moses said ,"Please show me your glory." 

Moses is one of my favorites in the Bible, actually my 2nd favorite behind David. Moses just knew how to tug on God. Moses was so bold when it came to the Lord. I have to tell you I don't know if I could have put up with the children of Israel like he did. When God said I am going to get rid of these jokers I would have been like yup, need some help? Can I just be real? But, God had Moses there for a reason and He has me here for a reason.

I want to talk about God's glory today. You know, this was something for Moses to ask. He said God, I want to see you, I want to see your glory. Now in the new testament the Bible says that no flesh will glory in His presence because there is so much glory and power in God we couldn't stand it and it's so powerful that we could die. I think the Lord knew that Moses had earned it at that point. Moses put up with a lot and dealt with a lot and I think Moses proved himself to see a level or a portion of God's glory.

Now later on in Exodus 34 the Bible says that when Moses came down from Mount Sinai, with the 10 commandments that the face of Moses was shining because He had been with God. Moses had a very distinguished glow about him. Why did I point that out? Because you can tell when people have been in the presence of the Lord. Sometimes it might be a glow, or you can just see the peace of God, or you sense the anointing on a persons life. God doesn't just do this for everybody. Yes you may be in a service and you feel the presence o God and you sense the anointing but if you want to be anointed you got to go to the mountain like Moses and spend time with the Lord.

If you are seeking the Lord and you are relentless in your pursuit of Him, He will reward you with the anointing. When I come across people who are very anointed I know 2 things. I know that they have been broken and that they been seeking the Lord. A powerful anointing doesn't come on you just because you preach, or lay hands on people... now God will honor that and God will anoint you to do those things but people who carry a very strong and powerful anointing, it came from being broken and seeking the Lord.

The Bible says to touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm. Why did I bring this up? Because you have people hating on Benny Hinn and others and saying he is fake, and a phony. Please, I ask you to keep your trap shut. Your job is not to speak that garbage out of your mouth. If they are doing things that aren't right you allow the Lord to deal with that person.

Ok, now back to he glory. Do you want to be a person who wants the glory of God? You have to seek God! You have to spend time on the mountain. Reading your Bible for 2 minutes a day, praying 4 minutes a day won't do it. I am sorry to burst your bubble but there is a price to pay for the glory. This isn't popular but it's Biblical. You want a greater anointing spend more time on the mountain with the Lord. Spend hours in worship. Spend hours reading.... spend hours praying...spend time with the Lord. Do you want your face to shine? You got to spend time with the Lord.

Today, as I close this out I want to encourage you, as I usually do to really seek the Lord. The more time you spend with the Lord and in His Word, the easier it will be to hear His voice. Spend time soaking in God's presence by listening to worship... praying, reading... protect your time! Don't let the enemy clutter your time with the Lord because it's the most important part of your day. Your daily bread.. spiritual bread. You need it, I need it, we need it!

Take the time to spend on the mountain like Moses did... if you do others will notice the glow. You will notice the glow. Your prayer life will change. Your worship life will change. Your Word time will change.

Be blessed and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment