Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Burn it to the Ground


This morning I was reading about King Josiah in 2 Kings, chapters 22 and 23. All I got to say is wow. This isn't the first time I read it, but it seems like every time I read it, I am still blown away by this Godly King. So for those who don't know Josiah became King of Judah at the age of eight.. can you imagine that? But anyways in the 18th year of his reign they find the Book of the the Law. So as the Word is being read Josiah tears his clothes (which is a Jewish sign for grief or loss) because his people and forefathers were not doing what was written in the Book of the Law. This was an act of repentance. This must have been an eye opening experience for King Josiah.

So long story short, Josiah cleans house and when I say he cleaned house, he went above and beyond and cleaned every nook and cranny. Again, when I say that he cleaned house what I meant by that is that he tore down every idol, he tore down everything that wasn't like the God of Israel. You see until this point there was so much worship going up to idols, other Gods, so much wrong doing it was ridiculous.

Josiah was the ultimate reformer. He destroyed alters, priests that worshipped these other gods and built alters and burned incense to these gods, he even burned the bones and tombs, shrines... He burned it all to the ground. He took everything that wasn't like God, and burned it.

In the book of Acts, chapter 19, (verses 18-20) revival was in the land. God was moving mightily and it got to a point where those who had practiced magic started burning their books, why? Because God is the one with the greater power, and the people realized it. They knew there wasn't near the power in those books and spells like the power that God has.

Why am I saying all this to you today? I am saying this because we need to start burning some things to the ground. We need to start getting rid of some stuff. We need to down sizing all the garbage that is doing us no good. If you are reading this and you are starting to think about some stuff, the Holy Spirit is dealing with you.
You know, I stand for the Bible, the whole Bible not just the good parts that make us want to shout. I am all for jumping and shouting, but I am also all about healing and deliverance and deliverance needs to take place in the body of Christ. We got so many idols and so much garbage in our lives...

You got Pastors trying to rebuke demons and devils and then you come home and you got all them demons and spirits living up in your house because of the garbage you hold onto. It's time to be like Josiah and get rid of the garbage. It's time to trash it, or burn it up. Stop keeping the garbage, the idols, the shrines, the stuff in your home, in your life. Now is the time and let me just say when you do this, you will see a difference. You will see the peace of God in your life and in your home. You will see the peace and joy and presence of the Holy Spirit dwell in a whole new level when you let go of the garbage.

As I end this, let me be clear about something. I am not all about religion I am all about relationship. Some people may be like, you want me to get rid of all my secular music and all that? First off I am not telling you to do anything but pray. The Lord may lead you to do things. If people could see how the enemy works and how spirits work you would see things in a whole new light! I am telling you when the Bible says that the enemy is out to steal, to kill, and to destroy, it's not lying! The devil hates you so much and he will do anything to destroy you. He has a whatever it takes kind of attitude. Folks, we got to be the same way about him! Whatever it takes to destroy his kingdom I am down with it!

I hope you all have a blessed day. If you have any questions or anything please e mail me at troy.voyles1974@gmail.com

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment