Monday, March 7, 2016

God, perform your word through me

Jeremiah 1:11&12
And the word of the Lord came to me, saying "Jeremiah, what do you see?" and I said "I see an almond branch." Then the Lord said to me, "you have seen well ,for I am watching over my word to perform it."

Isaiah 6:8 
And I heard a voice of the Lord saying "whom shall I send, and whom will go for us?" Then I said "Here I am am, Send me."

I love these scriptures. Did you know that God desires to use you? Have you ever thought about that? I know what your saying, "I am not ready" or "I am to young" or even "I am over the hill." God has heard of all the excuses under the sun but for those who make themselves available God will use them.

Not only that but if you look into the Word you will see that God used David, Jeremiah and Samuel at a young age. God called Moses at an older age, and the disciples weren't Biblical scholars but 11 out of 12 turned out alright didn't they?

Do you know what the Lord is looking for? He is looking for willingness to go wherever He says to go and do whatever He says do. When you are willing and not stuck in your ways and your own will, you will do great things for the Kingdom.
The Bible says in Galatians that I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. Do you know what that means? it means death. You say what? Yes it means death to your will and your way, because it's not about you, it's about Him but He invites you to play a major role in His plan. Sounds pretty cool huh?

God wants to send us out into the world to do great things but the question is, will you go? God gave us gifts and talents for His use. Through us, He wants to heal people, set people free and save people. God uses us to do those things. He saves people through us because how do they hear without a preacher? They get healed by people laying hands on the sick. They get set free by people who have a great anointing to do what? break yokes. A yoke is meant to limit you and keep you bound, but God places an anointing on people to speak and declare the Word of the Lord that can set people free. God gets all the glory for it all, but He uses us to do these things.

Back to he question, will you go if He calls you to go? The Bible says in Romans 8:28 for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. Man God has some great plans out there for His people, but will we allow Him to mold us and shape us to walk in that purpose.

You want some joy and peace in your life? Because it comes by fulfilling the call. The first area of joy and peace comes when you accept Christ as you Lord ad Saviour, but the next level of joy and peace comes by fulfilling the call of God.

You may be reading this like well I don't have a clue what I am called to do. Here are a few steps to guide you.

1) Get involved in your local church
If you are not going to church anywhere you are up the creek without a paddle and more than likely you already know this. You cannot have a productive ministry without being a part of a local church. What about Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn? They have Pastors and have people that help them be accountable. Everyone needs to be held accountable. With this start serving in your church. Start by cleaning, nursery, helping with work days etc... The ministry of helps is needed in the local church. I don't care how big a church is, less than 10% of the church is helping and volunteering with the ministry of helps.

2) Prayer and fasting
We have to keep the lines of communication going between us and the Lord. If the lines of communication are open, that will help you in hearing the Lord. Prayer and fasting will do this

3) Right timing
God may not reveal your purpose to you right away. Sometimes He does, sometimes He doesn't. All of this depends where we are at with Him. Remember, God is a know it all.. literally... He knows when and what to tell you. Can I tell you a secret? I can be an impatient brat who throws tantrums sometimes when God doesn't reveal things to me when I want... but the thing is He knows that and He doesn't want me to blow it so He reveals things to me just at certain times. He will give you steps. Take the right steps at the right time.

I hope this ministered to you and helped you. Remember, answer the call, because God wants to use you to perform His Word to a lost and dying world that is controlled by darkness. Be the light in the dark place like Christ.

Be Blessed!                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment